You can cover up imperfections in your teeth with dental veneers, thin shells of porcelain that fit over your teeth, and bond to them. Veneers can last for at least a decade, but they typically need to be replaced occasionally if a dentist must treat underlying tooth decay or gum disease. Veneers can also stain;…
Who Is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells that are attached to the front surface of a patient’s teeth to improve their appearance. Over the years, dental veneers have become increasingly popular. Veneers can be used to treat a variety of cosmetic concerns. Read on to find out if you might be a good candidate for veneers.
Good candidates for dental veneers
Veneers are a common cosmetic treatment option. Veneers are usually made either from porcelain or resin composite materials and are bonded permanently to the teeth. But dental veneers are not an option for everyone. It is always recommended for a person to consult with the dentist to find out if veneers are the right treatment option.
A dentist will schedule a preliminary consultation with the patient to determine if the person is a good candidate for veneers. The dentist will evaluate a patient’s oral health during the visit. All of the available treatment options will also be discussed. Treatment that involves tooth preparation is irreversible. This is why it is important for the dentist to inform the patient of any alternatives that can provide the same results.
The preferred treatment options should be able to achieve the desired results with either minimal or no removal of tooth structure. If both the patient and dentist decide that dental veneers are ideal, the next step will involve a thorough review of the treatment details. This may include the preparation of the teeth for the veneer procedure and what will be required for them to look and also fit correctly. During the consultation, the patient should participate actively in the smile design process.
Veneers can be used to fix a wide range of dental issues, including teeth that are stained. Sometimes, tooth discoloration may not be correctable by bleaching. In such cases, dental veneers can offer a simple solution. Veneers are often routinely used to fix teeth that are broken or chipped.
Over time, tooth enamel can become dulled or worn naturally. This can be due to consuming coffee, tea, or soft drinks, smoking, or the use of particular medication. In other cases, it can be a result of a genetic predisposition. Dental veneers are good for correcting smiles that have been affected by worn enamel.
These thin coverings can also be recommended for individuals who are born with abnormal spacing between the teeth. They are also ideal for people with uneven teeth resulting from the gnashing or grinding of the teeth. This may also be caused by general wear and tear. This problem can end up leading to bite issues in addition to cosmetic smile issues.
Benefits of dental veneers
Worrying about one’s smile can be exhausting. Having a good-looking, healthy smile can relieve stress. This can help strengthen the immune system and lower blood pressure. Repairing the tooth with veneers is a quick way to regain one’s smile. Here are the benefits of getting veneers:
- It can cover imperfections. The thin shells of this treatment can cover cracks, gaps, and chips. These problems can go away with dental bonding, but veneers can provide lasting solutions.
- It does not need significant enamel removal. Getting veneers is healthier than getting crowns, which need to remove much of the enamel. Veneers preserve a large percentage of dental enamel.
- It does not need much care and maintenance. The patient does not need to do anything extraordinary to keep veneers looking great. Caring for them is like caring for natural teeth. Brushing and flossing every day is enough. They also add more protection to the enamel.
- It prevents staining. The non-porous surface of these shells makes them damage- and stain-resistant. The patient does not need to replace the shells because of discoloration. Choosing the right foods and drinks, as well as maintaining proper oral hygiene, can make veneers last for at least 10 years.
- It provides quick cosmetic solutions. Dental veneers can correct dental misalignment, gaps, and damage. The patient does not need to wait for months to have straight teeth or closed-up dental gaps. The quick corrections make these restorations ideal to get before a special event.
- It provides a natural look and texture. A dental veneer treatment provides a custom-fit correction. The dentist will match the color of the shells with the color of the natural teeth. Porcelain shells make this restoration feel like natural teeth.
If you want to improve your smile, you should consider getting dental veneers. They can be used to correct many dental issues, ranging from worn or chipped teeth, misshapen or crooked teeth to uneven spaces or a large gap between the teeth. Dental veneers can also help deal with teeth that are stained. It is always ideal to consult your dentist to find out if you are a good candidate for them and all your available options.
Are you considering getting veneers in the Miami area? Get more information at https://www.mariavaldesgarcia.com.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Veneers and Dental Laminates in Miami, FL.
Dental crowns and dental veneers are two different types of restoration treatments. A dental veneer fits over the front of the tooth, while a crown fits over the whole thing. If you are wondering whether a single tooth can have both a crown and a veneer, the answer is no. A tooth can support either…
Everyone wants a beautiful smile with the help of cosmetic dentistry. When you flash your mega-watt grin, you want to know that your teeth are beautifully white and perfectly aligned. What many people do not realize is that cosmetic dental procedures are about more than creating a gorgeous smile. They are also quite helpful for…
Aesthetic dentistry treatments focus on changing the way your teeth look and providing care and treatment to improve your oral health. Everybody wants a smile that they can be proud of, and this particular type of dentistry does just that. It gives people the opportunity to not only have an attractive smile, but also a…